I attended an event in Toronto recently that was hosted by Google Canada to kick start the recently launched "Google Engage for Agencies" program. The Engage for Agencies program is new and its purpose is to provide training and support for agencies (like us) that help businesses with their AdWords efforts.
The event was first class and featured a keynote presentation by Chris O'Neil, director of Google Canada, as well as presentations, training and Q & A by other "Googlers" from the AdWords division.
Here is some information from the event you might find interesting.
- In 2010 there were 2 billion internet users world wide
- Google predicts there will be 5 billion internet users by 2020 and the internet will be 100 times faster
- Canadian internet adoption is very strong with 80% of Canadian having access to broadband
- 86% of Canadians research products on the internet before purchasing
- 1 in 5 searches have local intent
- 1 in 3 mobile searches have local intent
- Approximately 50% of the 2 million Canadian small businesses do not have a website
- 1 in 5 own a smart phone, last year it was 1 in 10
- There are approximatly 4 billion searches every month in Canada
- 15% of Canadians are on Twitter
- 57% of Canadians buy online
- 16% of ad budgets are allocated to online efforts even though online media accounts for 40% of total media consumption.
These statistics and predications should be an encouragement for those businesses not currently selling online to begin to take a serious look at it.
We have set and run successful AdWords campaign's for many businesses. Give us a call and let's discuss how you can grow your business with Google AdWords.